At Southern California Comprehensive Treatment Centers, our goal is to make your experience with us as efficient and effective as possible. Our commitment to providing you with superior service starts the first time you contact one of our centers, continues through the admissions process, and extends into all aspects of treatment throughout the entire time you are in our care.
To ensure that your first visit to one of our centers is a productive one, please take a moment to carefully review the information below:
First, in order to begin receiving medication assisted treatment at Southern California Comprehensive Treatment Centers, patients must meet the following three requirements:
- Age 18 or older
- Opiate dependent for at least one year
- In a state of withdrawal for at least 20 to 24 hours (unless pregnant)
Once a patient has established his or her eligibility to be treated at one of our centers, an intake appointment can be scheduled. These appointments usually take between two and four hours. To ensure that the process ends with a successful admission, patients are advised to bring the following with them to their intake appointment:
- Patients must bring valid photo identification. Southern California Comprehensive Treatment Centers will accept a state-issued ID card, a driver’s license, or a passport as proof of identity.
- Patients who intend to pay for their treatment with insurance must bring proof of their insurance to the initial intake appointment.
- All patients must bring cash, a money order, or a credit card in their name to pay their intake fees at the time of admission. Even insurance patients will be required to pay these fees up front. Please note that Southern California Comprehensive Treatment Centers will not accept personal checks or payment via phone.
- Patients who are transferring into one of our centers from another program or center must arrange for all pertinent treatment records to be mailed, delivered, or faxed to us before we can begin to provide services.
Your participation in the intake process will include completing a physical examination with one of our physicians and filling out paperwork. The following are things that one can expect to occur during the intake process:
- The physical exam will include a drug screen and a TB test (unless the patient provides proof that he or she has passed a TB test within the previous two years). Female patients will also be required to take a pregnancy test.
- The paperwork will document the patient’s personal history and confirm information such as treatment history, psychiatric history, medical history, and related topics that will be relevant to the development of his or her personalized treatment plan.
- Pregnant patients must bring written consent from their OB/GYN, and must sign a release of information document. If a pregnant patient does not have an OB/GYN, she may consult with one of our staff members to ensure proper treatment.
At Southern California Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we want each patient to be able to start receiving treatment as soon as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that a patient will receive medication on his or her first day in treatment. Medication is prescribed only with the approval of our medical staff, who make their recommendations on a case-by-case basis. For more information about admissions criteria or the intake process at Southern California Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to answering all of your questions and helping you take your first steps toward a drug-free future.